Established in 1990 to attend for the civil Maintenance work of the Parliamentary Complex, the Speaker’s official residence, Staff Quarters at Jayawadanagama Housing Complex and the General’s House, Nuwara Eliya.
To ensure the smooth functioning of all services & Equipment such as Lifts, AC, CCTV, MATV, Sound Congress, Cold rooms etc. and also responsible for maintenance works of ancillary departments (CEB, NWS & DB)
Subsections and their contribution
Electrical - Maintaining and servicing of and also responsible for Electrical Equipment Power & installing ( Lifts, AC, CCTV, MATV, Sound Congress systems – Chamber & committee rooms) and also responsible for power & Installations of Parliament building. Preparation of Bid Documents for new construction.
Civil - Take care of repairs refurbishment works of Parliament building and attending to new constructions complex preparation of buildings of Bid Documents for new construction.
Functions of the CE’s Department
Responsible for all works which are of technical nature (excluding IT) in Parliament Complex, Hon. Speaker’s residence, Mumtaz Mahal, Madiwela housing complex, General House Nuwara Eliya, Jayawadanagama staff quarters and Parliament police quarters.
- Preparing Tender documents for the procurement of electrical, electronic and mechanical equipments and systems.
- Preparing of Tender documents for contracting civil constructions, partitions, modifications and for office furniture.
- Serving as a chairman of member of procurement committees and technical evaluation committees.
- Supervise the activities with related to the new civil constructions and civil maintenance works in the Parliament Complex, Hon. Speaker’s residence, Madiwela housing complex, General House Nuwara Eliya, Jayawadanagama staff quarters and Parliament police quarters.
- Supervise the activities with related to the operation and maintenance of Sound congress system of Parliament chamber and other sound systems in committee rooms.
- Supervise the activities with related to the operation and maintenance of CCTV system in Parliament chamber including Video/ Audio Capturing, Editing, Authoring and burning of DVDs/VCDs/CDs of Parliamentary Proceedings.
- Carrying out the routine maintenance work of Central AC system, CCTV security surveillance system, MATV system, Main telephone exchange, PA system/ Car call up system, Quorum bell system, all kitchen equipments including cold rooms.
- Responsible to all operational activities related to ancillary departments CEB and NWS & DB.